Education Through Video Conferencing
Sri Sarada Math-Rasik Bhita, educational and cultural wing of Sri Sarada Math, Dakshineswar has undertaken “Education through video conferencing” under the “Vivek Jagriti” Project. This project was inaugurated on 17th December, 2012, to commemorate the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. Through this project Communicative English is being taught to girl students mainly at remote villages completely free of any tuition fees. Regular classes were started from January, 2013. Currently, weekly Communicative English classes via video conferencing are conduted at the following centres within West Bengal:
- Ramakrishna Sarada Mission, Balurghat, West Dinajpur District
- Ramakrishna Sarada Mission, Kantanagar, Murshidabad District
- Ramakrishna Sarada Mission, Baladbandh, Hooghly District
- Sri Sarada Math, Shihore, Bankura District
- Ramakrishna Sarada Mission, Shillya, Ramgopalpur, Burdwan District
Vivek Jagriti Project extends to Maharashtra
In February, 2015, Rasik Bhita started teaching Communicative English in the High School run by Ramakrishna Sarada Mission at Kamptee, Nagpur, Maharashtra through the Vivek-Jagriti Project.
With this new addition, this project crossed the boundary of West Bengal.